
We have two chickens that lay brown eggs. I am pretty sure that both of them layed two eggs each because I did check the egg boxes a couple of days ago and saw nothing. Our other two chickens will lay green eggs.
Marin was asleep but we quickly brought Parker out to collect eggs for the first time. He was elated! The eggs were small by comparison to large grocery store eggs, but this is to be expected the first time a hen lays an egg.
Parker awoke early the next morning in anticipation of his first home grown egg breakfast. Both kids agreed that it was delicious!
The scrambled eggs are dark because the yolks are a deep yellow/orange. This is most likely due to a rich and varied diet that consists of organic chicken feed plus just about everything else they can find in our yard/garden (grass, leaves, bugs, worms). The fruit du jour are the green tomatoes in my garden. I must also add that they have all but eradicated the ants in the backyard. Good chickens!
2 comments:
That is so exciting to see. I can't wait to have some too.
That is so exciting to see. I can't wait to have some too.
Post a Comment